Resuming Operations - Progress Updates
Appointment Guidelines - 8/5/20
Your health and safety, and that of our staff, is our highest priority. We are continually monitoring COVID-19 and responding with plans and procedures based on national and local guidelines. This includes elevating our already high standards of sanitation, cleaning, and employee hygiene.
To help us protect you and our staff, please see the updated appointment guidelines.
Reschedule Your Appointment If You
- Have traveled outside the United States in the past 30 days
- Have had close contact with anyone with a suspected or laboratory-confirmed case of COVID-19 in the past 2 weeks
- Have any of the following symptoms
- Fever, chills, body aches
- Shortness of breath (not related to known heart/lung disease)
- Sore Throat or any other cold symptoms
- RECENT loss of taste or smell
- Diarrhea, nausea, vomiting
- Red, irritated eye(s) (not related to known allergies/recent injections, etc.)
Please Read Before Your Appointment
Based on the recommendations from the CDC and State Health Department, we will be implementing the following:
- All patients and staff are screened for respiratory symptoms & fever
- All patients and staff are required to wear a mask
- ONE healthy adult visitor is allowed for those patients needing assistance due to memory issues, unable to answer questions appropriately, etc.
- Minor patients MUST be accompanied by ONE healthy adult or guardian ONLY
- Social distancing and required mask signs are clearly posted
- Handwashing and cough etiquette signs are clearly posted
- Barrier shields placed at check in/out and in exam rooms
- Strict handwashing required of all staff
- Frequent cleaning/disinfection required for high touch surfaces
- Staff not allowed to work if ill/sent home if become ill
- Driver/visitors MUST remain in their vehicle-bring a contact cell phone number with you so we can notify them—they MUST stay on GEC property
- If visitors enter the building to use the restroom, they MUST wear a mask
- Sitting will be restricted in the waiting area
We appreciate your understanding and cooperation.
Safety Message from Dr. David Ryser of Grossnickle Eye Center - 5/22/20
Resuming Operations - 5/4/20
After careful consideration, we will once again resume providing our full services starting on Monday, May 4th.
As healthcare providers, sterilization and safety have been our priority since the day we first opened our practice, long before the spread of coronavirus. We are following national and local guidelines and will continue our own elevated sterilization efforts to ensure your visit is safe and your eyecare needs are met.
As we adjust our operations to accommodate smart social distancing practices, be sure to check our CURRENT hours of operation. If you need additional information, please call our offices.
We are here for you when you need us, and we look forward to seeing you once again!