Resuming Operations - Progress Updates
Your health and safety, and that of our staff, is our highest priority. We are continually monitoring COVID-19 and responding with plans and procedures based on national and local guidelines. This includes elevating our already high standards of sanitation, cleaning, and employee hygiene.
To help us protect you and our staff, please see the updated appointment guidelines.
Reschedule Your Appointment If You
- Are currently awaiting a COVID-19 test or plan on getting one prior to your appointment.
- Have had close contact with anyone with a suspected or laboratory-confirmed case of COVID-19 in the past 2 weeks
- Have any of the following symptoms:
- Fever, chills, body aches
- Shortness of breath (not related to known heart/lung disease)
- Sore Throat or any other cold symptoms
- RECENT loss of taste or smell
- Diarrhea, nausea, vomiting
- Red, irritated eye(s) (not related to known allergies/recent injections, etc.)
Please Read Before Your Appointment
Based on the recommendations from the CDC and State Health Department, we will be implementing the following:
- All patients and staff are screened for respiratory symptoms and fever
- All patients and staff are required to wear a mask
- Minors, and patients requiring assistance due to memory issues, may be accompanied by ONE healthy adult visitor wearing a mask. Otherwise, we ask that visitors remain in their vehicle on GEC property and they will be notified by cell phone when the patient has completed their appointment.
- Social distancing and required mask signs are clearly posted
- Hand washing and cough etiquette signs are clearly posted
- Barrier shields placed at check in/out and in exam rooms
- Strict hand washing required of all staff
- Frequent cleaning/disinfection required for high touch surfaces
- Staff not allowed to work if ill/sent home if become ill
We appreciate your understanding and cooperation.
Safety Message from Dr. David Ryser of Grossnickle Eye Center - 5/22/20
Resuming Operations - 5/4/20
After careful consideration, we will once again resume providing our full services starting on Monday, May 4th.
As healthcare providers, sterilization and safety have been our priority since the day we first opened our practice, long before the spread of coronavirus. We are following national and local guidelines and will continue our own elevated sterilization efforts to ensure your visit is safe and your eyecare needs are met.
As we adjust our operations to accommodate smart social distancing practices, be sure to check our CURRENT hours of operation. If you need additional information, please call our offices.
We are here for you when you need us, and we look forward to seeing you once again!